If you spend a lot of time away from your home, perhaps on business trips, or if you own a vacation home, you probably worry about it standing vacant for long periods of time. This is the reason why most people turn to a home watch service provider for help. What is a home watch service? What exactly does this service entail? We have the answers for you below:
What is a Home Watch Service?
A home watch service is exactly what it says – it is when experts keep an eye on your home and take care of its general maintenance when you are unable to. A home watch service provider will ensure enhanced security first and foremost. Aside from conducting routine inspections, it should also respond quickly to any security system alarms – day or night, throughout the year. However, a home watch service is about more than just ensuring the protection of your home. It is also about ensuring that your home remains in tip-top condition.
What Does A Home Watch Service Include?
A home watch service should include the following:
- General routine inspections,
- Monitoring your home for pest problems and dealing with them if and when they arise,
- Monitoring for any weather and/or water damage and conducting repairs if necessary,
- Ensuring proper upkeep of the heating & air conditioning system,
- Keeping an eye on the functionality of the electrical system,
- Keeping an eye on the functionality of the plumbing system, and
- Pool and landscape maintenance.
If there is a warning about any severe weather, your home watch service provider should also take it upon themselves to ensure proper preparations to protect your home and to keep damage to a minimum.