Fall home maintenance is a necessary component for your home in Palm Beach Gardens. Here are some tips and a checklist to make sure you have got everything covered heading into the winter season.
Firstly, regular maintenance on a schedule doesn’t need to be a chore. By following a structured approach regularly, you will mitigate long-term hassles. You will also reduce overall costs with preventative maintenance.
We can divide the maintenance tasks into these six broad categories.
- Exterior of Home
- Decks, Porch & Patio
- Roof & Gutters
We can simplify further by breaking it down into weekly, monthly, and seasonal tasks.
Luckily, weekly tasks consist of things you would generally notice in and around your home anyway. Just make sure to keep these in mind.
- Inspect the exterior of your home for rodent and pest entry.
- Cover and secure chemicals, check your pool deck for safety risks and inspect the pool fence safety latch.
- Clean home, sidewalks and driveway.
- Seal any leaks and check the insulation on A/C ducts.
- Test the smoke detector and replace batteries if necessary.
- Look for signs of roof leakage.
- Clean and seal stone countertops.
Monthly Maintenance Tasks
- Clean your home’s gutters from leaves and debris.
- Clean carpets.
- Inspect your home’s paint for flaking and mend.
- Inspect all faucets, tub and shower valves, and toilets for leaks and drips.
- Clean dishwasher and filler.
Final Fall Home Maintenance Tasks
Finally, your fall home maintenance tasks would include things such as:
- Inspect wood or vinyl floors and repair as needed.
- Check the eaves or soffits for holes and inspect attic screening.
- Check the garage door seal and inspect windows and window putty for cracks or chips.
- Inspect your home’s gutters again as many trees lose their leaves during the fall.
If you are not in a position to do these fall home maintenance tasks on your own, consider hiring a professional maintenance company such as Gardens Home Management Services and find out how we can help you.