Here are a few tips for you to remember this hurricane season:
- Don’t drain down your swimming pool after the storm. The ground will already be saturated.
- Don’t put glass tabletops or patio furniture in the swimming pool.
- Turn off all electricity, gas breakers & skimmer valves that control the swimming pool as the storm approaches.
- Secure all loose items around your patio that may become flying debris.
- Protect electric pool equipment. Wrap the pool pump, time clock, light transformers & heaters with waterproof plastic.
- Shock and/or Algaecide may be needed after the storm (this is a chargeable service item).
- Pool service may be temporarily suspended until it’s safe to resume and roads are accessible.
- Pool equipment should be inspected prior to turning the power back on. If any electrical connections appear to be loose or disconnected, leave the electrical breaker off & call for service immediately!