South Florida has become a popular spot for snowbirds. After season, many of these snowbirds go back to their primary residences in other states across the U.S.
Homewatch services have become very popular for a number of reasons. Not only do homewatch providers maintain pools, lawns, electrical systems, and check for pests in and around your home, they often offer security services as well. It is a great way to keep tabs on your second home.
When it comes to your South Florida property, there is a lot at stake. A second property is a big investment and you want to make sure you are entrusting the homewatch function to a reliable service provider. Here are a few questions to ask before you hire a homewatch company:
Do You Have Testimonials?
References from people that the company has done business with in the past are also crucial. Ask for the contact details of the subscribers to the homewatch service, and then contact them and ask the people the following:
- How long they have been using the homewatch service?
- What level of service do they receive?
- Confirm if anything has ever gone wrong, and
- Whether they would recommend the company to friends and family?
Ask Many Questions About Their Services
- Do they install service cameras and send a vehicle if the alarm goes off?
- How often do they check for potential electrical and plumbing issues?
- Do they offer specialized gardening services?
Make sure you have all the information you need to make a decision.
Targeted to seasonal residents, business travelers, and those seeking an extra set of eyes on their home, as well as for complete peace-of-mind while you are away, we highly recommend our HomeWatch Service, which consists of weekly inspections of your home by our fully licensed, bonded and insured HomeWatch Specialists.
During each inspection we check:
- General security
- Pest problems
- Weather and/or water damage
- Heating & air conditioning system upkeep
- Electrical system
- Plumbing system
- Pool and Landscape Maintenance