Good Morning everyone and HAPPY LABOR DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today is kind of like the calm before the storm. Presently as I am looking outside it is quiet. It is cloudy and a little breezy and just had a little bit of rain. We are not feeling any effects of the storm right now. That is suppose to change but the good news if the forecasters are correct we are going to be spared the brunt of the storm.
Hurricane Dorian is a huge storm that has now devastated the Abacos of the Bahamas. I feel horrible for the Bahamians that have been affected by this storm I mean the areas have been wiped out . Not many reports have come out yet but I am sure there is loss of life and I would say 100% of structures have been affected in one way or another and many have been leveled.
The storm is sitting over Grand Bahama as of this writing and moving only at 1 mile per hour with winds of 165 miles per hour and a storm surge of 20 plus feet. If the storm continues straight west on it’s present latitude it would be a direct hit to the West Palm Beach area. However the forecasters are saying and feel confident that it will be making a turn tomorrow morning when the storm is about 60 miles off shore. Let’s all pray they are right. My concern is they have been wrong so much with this storm so honestly have my guard up and a bit worried. Personally I am in an evacuation zone and if the storm does not move north as they say I will be forced to evacuate my home.
The email I am writing this morning so I can update everyone is on the basis that the storm is going to move to the north and we will be spared the brunt of the storm. I will send an update tomorrow morning . Our plan of action and post hurricane protocol for the current track of the storm is as follows:
- Our office will remain closed tomorrow as we are suppose to have tropical force winds and hurricane gusts and a tremendous amount of rain
- The office will reopen on Wednesday morning with everyone expected to report to work at 7:00 AM
- We will implementing our post hurricane protocol of inspecting homes. We send out teams in two person crews to inspect your homes. While at the house we do a hurricane inspection to check on leaks in the home, issues around the house, landscaping and pool issues and any items that have been affected by the storm. You will receive an email report of the inspection. All homes will be inspected within 72 hours but we are going to try and have this happen within 48 hours but do not want to over commit and under deliver. , Once the inspection is completed you will be sent report as we are completing on tablets and if cell service will be sent the minute we are done with your inspection. Please note this is not a home watch and is treated differently in all aspects.
- We will have other crews out opening homes of clients who are in residence but have been closed up. Our first priority is to open clients whose shutters were closed and have been living in the dark. We will be getting to you as quickly as possible . If we also put your furniture away we may only open you up and then come back to do your furniture in a day or so as we want to open every one’s shutters that need to have this done. If you left residence for the storm please email us so we can move you on the list to take care of the residents that rode out the storm.
- If we find damage to your home that needs immediate attention we will contact you in addition to the report to work out the best plan of action to address the situation and to see how you would like us to handle or have others handle.
If you have any questions or concerns please email me today and I will get back to you as quickly as possible. Also if anything changes with the forecast I will be sending an update immediately. We will also be updating our website continually with any pertinent information so please go to our website for updates www.homecarepro.com I have attached a picture of the latest track of the storm and wind speeds below I appreciate your understanding and patience during these crazy times.
Be safe !!!!