Boynton Beach seasonal residents, more affectionately known as snowbirds, need a detailed, season-appropriate home maintenance plan for 2020. Good planning will not only ease home-maintenance concerns when you are not at your Boynton Beach home, but it will also protect and even improve the value of your property.
Gardens Home Management Services is a full-service home management company with seventeen years’ experience in Palm Beach County. We know the type of seasonal maintenance your Boynton Beach home needs and, for your convenience, we offer the following list as a starting point for your 2020 planning.
- Arrange to have the air conditioning (HVAC) system inspected and repaired if necessary.
- Make sure the water on your property drains properly as it can lead to mold, pest infections or structural damage.
- If your house has stucco walls, have them cleaned with a pressure washer. It is best to use professionals for this service.
- Give your home’s exterior a new coat of paint if it’s been a while or you want a fresh look.
- Clean the interior and exterior of all windows and make sure they are in good order.
- Reverse the direction of your ceiling fan to spin counter-clockwise. This will allow the air to be pushed towards the floor, which creates a lovely cool breeze.
- Call experts to look at the condition of the roof and have repairs done where required.
- Make sure all gutters around your house are clean.
- Sign up for a Hurricane Preparedness program. We can help you get your home ready. And, if you are a HomeWatch client, we will do a post-storm inspection and send you a report.
- Arrange to have the heating system of your house serviced by a professional.
- If you have a fireplace, clean the chimney for cozy, pleasant winter evenings.
- Invest in good attic insulation services to prevent any cold air spreading throughout your house.
Gardens Home Management Services (GHMS) can assist you with any repairs or maintenance your home requires. We have preferred vendors that are licensed, bonded, and properly insured. Contact us today, we will make the seasonal maintenance of your Boynton Beach property easy in 2020.