If you own property in Florida, but don’t reside on the premises permanently, you are going to need to consider hiring a professional home maintenance team to keep your property in good order. Choosing the right company to enter into a home maintenance service contract with can be daunting, so it’s best to consider a few options before you commit yourself to anything. If you want to ensure that you’re getting the right type of service, it’s best to include the following 5 questions in your interview:
- Is the company licensed, bonded and insured? The last thing you need is for accidents and mishaps to happen and to discover that there’s no cover offered for it. Your maintenance team should be professional enough to avoid accidents and property damage all together, but just in case, it’s best to ensure that you’re safeguarded against potential costs.
- Does the service provider have experience with hurricane proofing and reaction? While hurricane proofing may not be part of your home’s general maintenance, you will have peace of mind knowing that your maintenance team is prepared for any event in your absence, be it mundane maintenance, hurricane proofing or emergency repairs.
- What does the home maintenance service include? Establishing this is vitally important. Request a list of all the services that are included so that you know what to expect. It can be quite inconvenient when light bulbs need to be replaced or an installation done only to find out that the service provider doesn’t include that in their list of maintenance services. A good home maintenance service contract should make provision for all repairs, maintenance, and installations of light fixtures, molding and trim, pressure washing, screen doors, fans, garage doors, blinds and curtains, showers, tub seats, doors, dimmer switches and more.
- Does the maintenance contract only provide for internal repairs and general upkeep of the home? If you truly want your home maintained and cared for properly it is important to also cater to the garden, landscape, and exterior building components. Gutters need to be cleaned, lawn needs to be cut, and so much more.
- Is there a standard rate for home maintenance care services or will the price be determined by a site visit? It’s preferable for your home care service provider to pay a visit to your premises so that they can truly ascertain the amount of work that is required to keep the property in good order.
Get peace of mind with a home maintenance service contract with Gardens Home Management Services
It is important to develop a relationship with your home management service provider. This way you can communicate your needs clearly and truly trust the team that is dedicated to care for your beloved home when you cannot. To learn more about our home maintenance service contracts in Florida, simply contact us via email or telephone at Gardens Home Management Services today.